SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#461630 - 11/15/18 09:10 AM Re: "Test drove" the Genos, T5, PSRS975 and PA4x today [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I'm probably not making a move until I see what Roland does next..hoping for return to single larger screen layout (motl or totl)..

#461659 - 11/15/18 12:09 PM Re: "Test drove" the Genos, T5, PSRS975 and PA4x today [Re: Bachus]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By SAM CA
That's what I was trying to say. Even an entry level arranger can be called a "workstation" without meeting those requirements. Just a simple midi sequencer is enough to qualify a device as workstation.

Workstation is a very loose term when used with arranger keyboards.

Korg calls the Pa500 a professional Arranger workstation as well.

Not according to the definition used by most pro musicians.. A workstation is a complete production platform, for producing content and final productions..

Just ask outside of the arranger world and anyone you will ask will disqualify both Korg and Yamaha for calling these arrangers workstations.

According to my definition, the only thing in Arranger country that comes close is the Korg PA4x, and even there quite a lot of things are missing.

Its both Korg and Yamaha and others abusing the term Workstation, and thats what i have been blaming mostly Yamaha for, for quite some time.

The Genos disquallifies as a workstation, so it should either get the missing features, or not be named a workstation.

That shouldn't be to hard? should it?

And if you want to know who made that definition of a workstation, well that was Yamaha and espescially Roland.

Yep! Which is why I said the term Workstation means absolutely nothing in the arranger world. In this case, it doesn't matter what anyone outside the arranger community thinks. That professional community doesn't get to correct marketing gimmicks. That's how things go these days. Luckily we can have our own set of requirements to purchase the gears we like.

#461684 - 11/15/18 10:16 PM Re: "Test drove" the Genos, T5, PSRS975 and PA4x today [Re: SAM CA]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I love my Genos.....and so is my audiences...

My 2 cents

Manuel

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online